Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

SQL Boot.DLL file is missing in my Test server(SQL 2000).


Last week when I went to start SQL server 2000 –I got the error as mentioned below-


So I thought that something happened to sqlboot.dll  ( wondered how did it is missed /deleted.)-
I,e corrupted or dll file is missing so I have checked in the below path to see really exists this file :
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn
That dll file doesn’t exists –
Before this what is that file?
SQLBoot dll file get creates when ever if you install the SQL server, so whenever the SQL server trying to
Start it should load all DLL which is required for the SQL server database engine so when the file is corrupt or missed then it will throws an error as mentioned below –
Microsoft recommends those who not sure about the File-On this file properties marked as
“DO NOT DELETE THIS FILE”


In my case it was SQL server 2000


So in my case it is SQL server 2000(standard edition).

To Resolve-
1.Go to path check SQLBoot.dll file exists or not
EX(in my  case) :- C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn
2.If file  doesnot exists copy the same dll file from other serer which are alike as current one.

3.So I have copied the DLL file back to it’s home-
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn



4.then start the SQL server  ->It started without any issues:

No comments: